Friday, August 9, 2013

A shor talk with Romanian Expremintal Metal Band "Krepuskul's" Vocalist Andu Anches.



 
Krepuskul is a Romanian Experimental Metal band which has played in many places around Europe and with lot’s of big band. And also they have played UK’s biggest feast BOA.
Hello! Bibek thanks for the interview; Krepuskul means “Twilight”. It has nothing to do with the movies, haha, we chose the name long before the series appeared J It refers to the moment when the day and night combine, creating a unique moment because of the duality of it. It is very similar to our music, because we like to combine metal genres with non-metal ones.
 We started rehearsing in 2005, and after changing several members, in 2007 we went Live. The first show was in our city, Cluj-Napoca, I will remember it forever. It was full of people who came to see us, because many heard of us around, on the internet and they were very curious to see us. They supported us from the first to the last minute of the show. It was amazing! Since then, we had more than 200 concerts and festivals, including the performance at Bloodstock Open Air in UK (with Machine Head, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Alice Cooper etc.), opening for Rotting Christ in Italy and many festivals where we played with Sepultura, Amorphis, Crematory, Pain and many other international bands. I got to see and play in places and at festivals that we weren’t even dreaming when we were kids, or a teenager. Not even in my wildest dreams… so we can say that my dreams came true … In our experience till now bad experiences happen every day… when you have to work with promoters bookers and managers that don’t do the job correctly, don’t take it seriously and are looking only at the money. Underground is not about the money, is about the passion and if you, as a promoter, don’t share this passion, go work with dance music, with hot chicks, they will make money for you! But one of the best expectations was also at BOA, when the crowd started singing our lyrics. It was a total surprise! Haha I loved that moment. We released 2 albums, “Umbre de Vise” and “Game Over” and we are currently working on a new album, wich we loe a lot, it will be really kick-ass, so stay close to our site or facebook page for more details. As a preview of the next album, we released a new video, Psychotherapy. And for future plans of band I want to go on Asia tour and especially wanted to play in Nepal. They got too freaky metal bands and metal heads.
I (Andu Anches) started with thrash metal, Kreator, Megadeth, Metallica (old albums), then classics like Led Zepp, Deep Purple and of course the almighty Black Sabbath! But of course I also grew up with slipknot, Korn, Limp Bizkit, I love them too! I also listen to a lot of non metal music like jazz, hip-hop, electro and also dubstep sound nice to me lately muahaha! For me music was always become “a way of life”. Well, it is more than that, is an addiction, you cannot let one day pass without rehearsing or creating new tunes or simply jamming around. It is what we always do. How we live, it’s everything that we have. I think the most influential bassist for me is Geezer Butler, of Black Sabbath, but also Jeason Newsted, and Paul Gray. Well, I like to say that we play for a better world, for a better human being as individual… the messages are many, but I like that the listeners will get out what they like of our music. J
People believe we got beneficial point being a European band but it’s too hard to survive in here too. We too have to face the society that’s talk some shit about us, fuck them! I like what I like and this is what I want to do. As long as I find another 3 crazy guys to do it with me and as long as I’m getting support from people everywhere, it means that not always the majority is right! True? J But that’s underground. You lose a lot of money, friends, personal life, everything, but the funny part is that you are ALWAYS proud of it! That’s the beauty of the underground!

There are already many mainstream metal bands, which are doing really a great job, look at Machine Head, Metallica, Slayer and all the big bands. Also, there are thousands of underground bands who are great in what they do, so I think both are right, as long as they keep metal music alive! Doesn’t matter it exist in underground or mainstream. We want metal to be alive.
At lastly I want to say to all metal head that going to read this magazine and our entire fans the things that I always say! Go to the concerts, Support your favorite bands; because without you, without the fans, music will die, and we’ll become nothing more than robots… Music and art generally is what make us human, what make us different. Don’t let it die!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment