Friday, August 9, 2013

The orginal Interview of Saurab Sainju of Nepali Thrash Metal Band Biroha it was done by me for Metalwarpage Magazine... It is also in mymetalbins india, United musicans.com...



 
 
1) Hey saurab! glad to have you on board, so whilst you are playing the hell outta your guitar – tell us how did you and guitar meet ?
--Saurab:-Well, first of all thanks for having me on board. It started during the school time- we had this music classes where we were to opt for one musical instrument out of many  and my enthrallment towards guitar was enough for me to prefer it  . it all began there in the guitar class we used to have this sort of face up to of who’s being better than whom. So, the only line of attack was to shred the guitar till other one seemed  to be nervous. This way going to the class and listening to the bands , gradually enhanced my passion  towards guitar. till date I play guitar with my soul and zeal.
2) A peek into your studio – what guitar and other gadgets do you use saurab ?
Currently the guitar being used by me is B.C. Rich Model Jr.V and Metal zone of Boss company!!
3) We have seen the obvious tilt towards thrash -what other genres do you love playing?
As you know, I was the bassist for the Death Metal band “Arachnids”, so I have the knowledge of playing the bass too as its has same notes like guitar. Besides thrash genre, I prefer Rock’n roll and death metal genre. I just don't adhere to only one specific genre of music nevertheless I have a propensity to follow assortment of genre that which touches my soul and ear.
3) Bidroha – how did this wonder happen?
Bidroha is a Nepali Thrash/ Heavy Metal band that was formed in March 2010 with the initiation of front man Saurab (Lead Guitarist/Vocalist) and Zantu(Lead Guitarist).
The band was originally named "Kayakairan" literal meaning "Revolution". Later, it changed to "Bidroha" literal meaning "Retaliation". Bidroha are 'retaliating' against all the social/political evils prevailing in the society in the current scenario and the lyrics are especially focused towards "political sarcasm".
Saurab and Zantu both were searching for a bassist and a drummer. Their search completed in 2010 when Amar joined them in drums and Bishal filled position of the Bassist. Bishow and Vishal were included as the band photographer and manager.
3) A little beyond music – tell us about the saurab we dont know about you.
Ah! This one seems a bit unanticipated one hahah. How could I tell about myself more!! Beyond music, I am simple man whom you shall tend to find friendly . let's say a companion who loves to jokes and fools around most of the time . I am fond of venturing into New places. i kind of love adventurous thing, and also sometimes opt  to be in quiet places. Lastly, in short am Just a dreamer who tries to make his dreams come true.
5) Young gutarist worship you – who does saurab worship as a guitarist and vocalist? your role-
models?
My only inspiration which I get a hold to bleed my feelings ,emerged from the band Megadeth, and My Guitar Icon is Dave Mustaine and Paul Gilbert. Besides guitar, I love the vocal part of Sepultura(Max Calevera) and of course Megadeth (Dave).
6) What was your biggest hurdle while you were in your learning stages as a gutarist? any particular pattern,notes etc? You performed recently in nepfeast. how was the experience like? Any bands which amazed you?
Firstly i have learnt playing guitar on my own and then I didn’t had the guitar to practice though I had one but sold  it to my friend to buy a new one. I used to go to my friend’s house and practice a bit and borrow their guitar so that I could shred more and enhance my guitar skills. I used to practice the same pattern of exercise again and again to perk up the same notes and today still I follow the same pattern . And yeah, there was always an existence of  family pressure to study more. I still remember when I wanted to learn more, my mom used to hide my guitar under the bed and told me to focus on my studies rather than play guitar. But as always i did use to find my guitar any how and played until again mom used to repeat the same thing . That was the only obstruction I had encountered while learning guitar at school time. You will not be able to love and understand the music deeply until you feel the music of what your playing.
Playing in the Nepfest, experience was just amazing. I gave my best and enjoyed playing no matter other enjoyed or not but I did! Ugrakarma was the band I wanted to see them performing because this band is the legendary band which brought the Metal scene within Nepal and I respect them as they are the Father with Pioneer. And other was Nervecell which blew me away with their performance and song!!
7) If you were not a gutarist and vocalist what would you have been? Any advice/message to the budding guitarist/musicians ?
In music scene, if I was not guitarist or vocalist then I would be a drummer as I also love playing drums a lot!! And besides music , I would go for army or social activist.
Be best in what you are and don’t copy the trendz going on. Play what you are good at and practice more and more to make your identity cause as they say no pain no gain. There’s never a shortcut to anything so you must push yourself hard to make easy way. Respect each artist and musician cause they know how hard is being the artist and musician. Their hardship, struggle, they have encountered and contributed is all for the sake of music and for people like you who listens to their music connecting your own soul and feel for their music. lastly, Understand the genre and then only try to criticize them!!!
Lastly, Keep on rocking the world. peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment